Boy Scouts of America (BSA) provides a wide range of exciting opportunities for students of all ages to enjoy the outdoors and hone their survival skills—and one of BSA’s most unique and interesting sites is right here in the Florida Keys!
The National High Adventure Sea Base is located in Islamorada, FL on Lower Matecumbe Key. Sea Base offers lucky Boy Scouts from across the nation the opportunity to participate in several nautical and marine-themed weeklong programming activities. Navigating your way to Sea Base, however, can be challenging for first-time visitors. Hiring a shuttle service in the Florida Keys can help your Boy Scout or his troop reach their destination safely and on time.
What is Sea Base?
Sea Base is one of BSA’s four High Adventure centers. The location of the center is one of the nation’s most scenic regions, situated in the very heart of the chain of coral cays composing the Florida Keys. The Florida Keys are surrounded entirely by the crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Gulf of Mexico on the other.
The programming offered at Sea Base is truly something to write home about. Here are just some of the regularly offered programs that can be found at Sea Base:
- Bahamas Adventure: Weeklong sailing tours of the Bahamas depart from Sea Base, both on conventional sailboats as well as tall ships.
- Out Island Adventure: Boy Scouts travel by Polynesian canoe to the scenic and uninhabited island of Big Munson Cay. They spend the duration of their week living on this deserted site.
- Coral Reef Sailing: Scouts board a 40- or 50-foot sailboat, and embark on an enthralling series of snorkeling expeditions.
- SCUBA certification: This program allows Scouts to undergo PADI SCUBA diving certification. Scouts who are PADI-certified can explore the enthralling undersea world of the Florida Keys!
- Eco Adventure: Participants in this program will see first-hand the enthralling biodiversity of the Florida Keys, and learn about environmental protection and preservation.
- Florida Fishing Adventure: Scouts can taste the ocean’s bounty and learn the value of a hard day’s work in this program, which also visits the most culturally vibrant and most populous island in the archipelago, Key West.
An exciting location
Islamorada means “the purple island” in Spanish. This scenic collection of villages resting on some of the Florida Keys’ most idyllic atolls is one of the Sunshine State’s hidden treasures.
If you are hoping to continue exploring this environmentally rich region after the conclusion of your Scouts’ time at Sea Base, hiring a shuttle service in the Florida Keys is the best way to navigate the scenic Overseas Highway, and make the most of your time in this stunning slice of paradise.
Florida Keys Express Shuttle LLC has been providing high-quality shuttle service in the Florida Keys since 2011. If you are bringing one lucky Boy Scout or even an entire troop to spend an exciting week at Sea Base, we can provide safe and reliable transportation to this exciting destination. To learn more about our transportation offerings and more, reach out to one of our friendly service representatives today!
Categorised in: Shuttle Service
This post was written by Writer